Senior Data Engineer
Do you want to work in the team that is building the next generation data platform for the food- and asset management-industry? Do you want to work with the latest and greatest tech and ready to actually make an impact? Stop looking any further. We need you!
As our Senior Data Engineer you will play a key role in the FFA-team and our clients whilst working in close collaboration with our data & analytics consultants. You are the person that will make our client’s desire for insights become a reality by leveraging next gen technology! In your Senior role, you will also be helping out other Engineers of the team and enable them to grow to the next level!
Your excellent engineering capabilities will be the bedrock for the Food For Analytics innovation program. We are constantly innovating in a scalable, flexible and robust way. Hence, we come together and work on internal projects, innovations, and propositions that will accelerate the digital transformation and data-centricity-programs for companies within food-and asset-management-industry in an easy-going, friendly environment and great team. We need you to build, innovate and own it!
At Food For Analytics we value our employees and aim to maximize your potential so that you can become the expert in your field and thereby help our clients to the next level in their journey to data-centricity.
- Together with the cloud and data architects – design, build, and implement generic data extraction, preparation, and consumption-patterns for data from a variety of sources into our standardized products / client projects. Preferable in an automated fashion!
- Design and implement product features into our standardized products and client projects
- Anticipate, identify, and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Clean, prepare, and structure data at scale for ingestion and consumption.
- Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable, flexible and robust solutions
- Be able to work independent and proactively to resolve any potential product- and /or operational issues and be eager to learn new techniques.
- Be the person ensuring that the new data & analytics solutions are engineered, tested and implemented according to our development- and data-architecture-conventions. (you build it, you own it!).
- Be a technical team lead that is eager to help and teach other consultants.
- Craft and maintain documentation of all Food For Analytics data & analytics initiatives.
- Support and maintain the implemented solutions to ensure availability, compliant to the requirements set for the standardized products / client projects.
Must haves for role
- Perseverance, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- A Passion for working with all kinds of data.
- Strong problem solving and technical mindset.
- MSc or BSc degree in Computing Science, Information Science or Econometrics, or similar.
- At least 5-years of project experience in Data Engineering roles.
- At least 3 years’ experience and understanding in the Apache Big Data stack and / or Microsoft BI / Azure stack.
- Strong understanding of data modelling (Imnon, Kimball, Data Vault, Anchor Modeling, big data).
- Strong understanding of data structures and filetypes such as Avro, Parquet, Json, CSV, TSV.
- Strong understanding of automation frameworks based on metadata.
- A solid understanding and experience of the principles and operations of high volume, variety and velocity business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background and record in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party system.
- Cloud certification such as “AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner” / “Microsoft Azure Certified Azure Fundamentals”.
- Understanding of engineering complex data solutions end-2-end in large organizations.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively both verbally and written, with team members and our stakeholders.
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks.
- Able to work with and lead a team of Engineers.
- Experience with Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse and AWS S3 / Azure Blob Storage.
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL, C#, Python.
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related engineering processes
- Experience in working with notebooks like Jupyter, Zeppelin.
- Experience with workflow scheduling tools.
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira/Confluence).
Nice to haves for the role
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches (Infrastructure as Code), using tools such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, Packer etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of security best practices in cloud engineering.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of Docker-containers.
- Experience in automated testing.
Reach out to us through email@example.com and include your resume and motivation. We will get back to you asap!
For acquisitions, FFA uses The Talent Recruiter / Lars Broeders via +31 6 2933 0716 or firstname.lastname@example.org