Food For Analytics is on a mission:
“Eliminate waste in the food-industry through actionable insights.”
We deliver valuable and actionable insights, by collecting, structuring, and visualizing our clients' data in the food industry.
Do you want to help level the playing field and contribute to this through data, visualizations, and the latest technologies? Do you want to work with the latest and greatest technologies? Are you ready to make a real impact and do you like to get down to business? Then, stop searching, we are looking for you as our new Data Engineer! Start making a difference with data!
We need your great personality, brain and get-it-done attitude to take us to the next level!
Job description DAta Engineer
As our Data Engineer, you will play a role in the FFA team and our clients. Work closely with our data & analytics consultants. Learn from each other. And you will grow into the person who will make our client's desire for insights a reality by leveraging next-gen technology.
We need your analytical and technical skills to help us build, implement and continue to challenge the solution.
What do we offer A Data Engineer?
We provide you with all the necessary tools to let you accelerate technically, organizationally and personally. Without any hassle. And with the right technology. We provide it! Since we are in our scale-up phase, we have many opportunities to develop yourself. Got a great idea? Just pitch it. If we like it, we'll go for it!
What to expect when you join:
- A high performing team
- A cool and fun workplace
- Continous learning
- A flat organization
What do you get in return:
- Permanent contract with salary package
o (Fixed base salary + 8% commission on turnover, Holiday pay, & training budget)
- Mobility budget for a Lease car including fuel card, or as a gross mobility allowance.
- Company laptop & phone
- Home office (Screen, Keyboard, Mouse and Desk chair)
- Pension plan
Who are we?
Since Sjors & Gert-Jan started working together, they have been inseparable. When they noticed that many food companies lacked data insight, they took the next step. Together, they founded Food For Analytics. We strive to combat waste in the food industry. We want to create impact through Data & Analytics. Level the playing field for everyone! Big or small. Be able to do more with less. And create a more efficient business process! That's what every food company wants!
To achieve this, we have developed our own data & analytics platform: Titan. This allows us to create valuable insights quickly, in a scalable, flexible and robust way. This is our future-proof platform.
Your role as A Data Engineer
- Design, build, and implement generic data extraction, preparation, and consumption-patterns at scale for data from a variety of sources into our standardized products / client projects. Preferable in an automated fashion!
- Design and implement product features into our standardized products and client projects
- Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable, flexible and robust solutions
- Be able to work independent and proactively to resolve any potential product- and /or operational issues and be eager to learn new techniques.
- Craft and maintain documentation of all Food For Analytics data & analytics initiatives.
- Support and maintain the implemented solutions to ensure availability, compliant to the requirements set for the standardized products / client projects.
Must haves for the role of A Data Engineer
- MSc or BSc degree in Computing Science, Information Science or Econometrics, or similar.
- 3- 5-years' experience of project experience in BI or Data Engineering roles.
- Perseverance, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- Analytical and technical problem-solving mindset.
- Experience in the Apache Big Data stack and / or Microsoft BI / Azure stack.
- Understanding of data modelling (Imnon, Kimball, Data Vault, Anchor Modeling, big data).
- Understanding of data structures and filetypes such as Avro, Parquet, Json, CSV, TSV.
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL, C#, Python.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written, with team members and our stakeholders.
Nice to haves for the role as a Data engineer
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches (Infrastructure as Code), using tools such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, Packer etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of security best practices in cloud engineering.
- Knowledge of data- and cloud- and solution-architecture principles for delivering scalable, flexible and robust data platforms.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of Docker-containers.
- Experience in automated testing.
Reach out to us through email@example.com and include your resume and motivation. We will get back to you asap!