Junior Data Engineer
Food For Analytics is on a mission:
“Eliminate waste in the food-industry through actionable insights.”
We deliver valuable and actionable insights, by collecting, structuring, and visualizing our clients' data in the food industry.
Do you want to help level the playing field and contribute to this through data, visualizations, and the latest technologies? Do you want to work with the latest and greatest technologies? Are you ready to make a real impact and do you like to get down to business? Then, stop searching, we are looking for you as our new Data Engineer! Start making a difference with data!
We need your great personality, brain and get-it-done attitude to take us to the next level!
Job description JUNIOR DATA ENGINEER
As our Junior Data Engineer, you will play a role in the FFA team and our clients, while you are working together with our Data & Analytics consultants. You will be trained to become a full-fledged Data Engineer and you will be supported by a senior consultant. Learn from each other and experience working at clients. You will grow into the person who will make our client's desire for insights a reality by leveraging next-gen technology.
We need your analytical and technical skills to help us build, implement and continue to challenge the solution.
What do we offer A DATA ENGINEER?
We provide you with all the necessary tools to let you accelerate technically, organizationally and personally. Without any hassle. And with the right technology. We provide it! Since we are in our scale-up phase, we have many opportunities to develop yourself. Got a great idea? Just pitch it. If we like it, we'll go for it!
What to expect when you join:
- A high performing team
- A cool and fun workplace
- Continuous learning
- A flat organization
What do you get in return:
- Permanent contract with salary package
o (Fixed base salary + 8% commission on turnover, Holiday pay, & training budget)
- Mobility budget for a Lease car including fuel card, or as a gross mobility allowance.
- Company laptop & phone
- Home office (Screen, Keyboard, Mouse and Desk chair)
- Pension plan
Who are we?
Since Sjors & Gert-Jan started working together, they have been inseparable. When they noticed that many food companies lacked data insight, they took the next step. Together, they founded Food For Analytics. We strive to combat waste in the food industry. We want to create impact through Data & Analytics. Level the playing field for everyone! Big or small. Be able to do more with less. And create a more efficient business process! That's what every food company wants!
To achieve this, we have developed our own data & analytics platform: Titan. This allows us to create valuable insights quickly, in a scalable, flexible and robust way. This is our future-proof platform.
Your role as Junior data engineer
- Design and implement product features into our standardized products and at client projects
- Have the ability to work independently and proactively to solve potential product and/or operational problems and eager to learn new techniques.
- Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable, flexible and robust solutions for FFA and our customers.
- collect, transform and present.
- Support and maintain the implemented solutions to ensure availability in accordance with the requirements of the standardized products/customer projects.
Must haves for the role OF A JUNIOR DATA ENGINEER
- MSc or BSc degree in Computing Science, Information Science or Econometrics, or similar.
- 0-2-years' experience of project experience in BI or Data Engineering roles.
- Perseverance, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- Analytical and technical problem-solving mindset.
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL, C#, Python.
Nice to haves for the role AS A JUNIOR DATA ENGINEER
- Knowledge of data modeling and data concepts.
- Knowledge of source control tools such as GitHub and related packages.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Apache Spark.
- Knowledge and practical experience with Microsoft BI Stack (TSQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI).
- Knowledge of basis cloud concepts.
Reach out to us through firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and motivation. We will get back to you asap!