Data & Analytics Consultant
Do you want to work in the team that is building the next generation data platform for the food- and asset management-industry? Are you the linking pin between business & engineering and ready to actually make an impact? Stop looking any further. We need you!
As our Data & Analytics Consultant you will play a key role in the FFA-team and our clients. You will be the person business stakeholders talk to when it comes to their wishes and requests. Based on those wishes and requests you will define requirements both on a functional and technical level. And while you are at it, implement and deliver the new functionality in the client’s solution as well!
Your learnings from our clients and input will flow back in the Food For Analytics innovation program. We are constantly innovating in a scalable, flexible and robust way. Hence, we come together and work on internal projects, innovations, and propositions that will accelerate the digital transformation and data-centricity-programs for companies within food-and asset-management-industry in an easy-going, friendly environment.
At Food For Analytics we value our employees and aim to maximize your potential so that you can become the expert in your field and thereby help our clients to the next level in their journey to data-centricity.
- Be the linking pin between technology and business whilst truly getting down to the bottom of things.
- Design, develop, and implement product features into the FFA standardized products and client projects.
- Anticipate, identify, and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions and delivering new insights to our clients.
- Clean, prepare, and structure data at scale for ingestion and consumption.
- Be able to understand and transform business requirements into a technical implementation to support decision making.
- Troubleshoot complex data issues with business and perform root cause analysis and thereby proactively resolve any potential product- and /or operational issues (you build it, you own it!).
- Craft and maintain documentation of all data & analytics initiatives.
- Support and maintain the implemented solutions to ensure availability, compliant to the requirements set for the standardized products / client projects.
Must haves for role
- Perseverance, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- A Passion for working with all kinds of data.
- Strong analytical and technical expertise to link business requirements and definitions with it and vice versa.
- MSc or BSc degree in Computing Science, Information Science or Econometrics, or similar.
- 1- 3-years’ experience and understanding in the Apache Big Data stack and / or Microsoft BI / Azure stack.
- 1- 3-years’ experience of working with data solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses.
- Experience and understanding of data modelling (Imnon, Kimball, Data Vault, Anchor Modeling, big data).
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written, with team members and our stakeholders in both English and Dutch.
- Understanding of data structures and filetypes such as Avro, Parquet, Json, CSV, TSV.
- Understanding of solution- and technical-design and -architectures.
Nice to haves for role
- Understanding of automation frameworks.
- Experience with programming languages such as C#, Python (pre).
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches (Infrastructure as Code), using tools such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, Packer etc.
- Experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience with the AWS data stack (S3, Redshift, Document DB).
- Fundamental knowledge of security best practices in cloud.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of Docker-containers.
- Experience in Data Science/ Machine learning projects.
- Experience of agile project management approaches, tools and documentation. (e.g. Atlassian Jira/Confluence).
Reach out to us through firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and motivation. We will get back to you asap!
For acquisitions, FFA uses The Talent Recruiter / Lars Broeders via +31 6 2933 0716 or email@example.com